Our specific need for better living gives rise to having a desire for creating something new or better. Such is the idea of granny flat. With homeowners constantly thinking about renovating their domestic space with pleasant improvements, building a granny flat becomes a thought of great consideration. You might have, at one point of time, craved adding more space and comfort to your residential building, or buying a house with special arrangements and facilities.
To meet the modern trends and innovations, you can build granny flat or studio in the backyard of the house. You need some privacy and sanctum when your cousins and friends arrive and you want to spend some quality time with your loved ones. Teenagers especially would love to indulge in loud expression and music, which require you to capitalize on a fresh idea of extending the existing space so that you ca enjoy convenience and liberty.
If you are still wondering whether or not building a granny flat will make sense to you, here is some of the valuable information that will ensure it is right decision not only for present time but also for future.
Ways to build Granny flat of your aspiration
- Internal conversion and expansion: If you have a bedroom that remains unused and unoccupied almost all the time, you can transform it into an arrangement called granny flat. All you need is a short approval process from state government. You will observe the new entrance area of the flat after it is prepared with the same feel of your home.
- The garage extension: If think your garage is supposed to remain garage throughout the lifetime, you are wrong. There is a chance you can extend the garage and add a new storey in addition to the existing one. However, you will have to comply with certain government norms regarding height, area coverage, floor space, and size and boundary constraints.
- Backyard extension and transformation: Think of backyard as an area where you can build a standalone structure. This is mostly preferred by many house owners as this is quite convenient and straight method to build granny flat.
Granny flat Benefits
The idea of building granny flat is superior to anything you have thought so far. Not only it is a legalized process to extend your property and adding value, it is a well-nurtured thought of many individuals who want to improve the face, value and comfort of their properties. Here some of the benefits of granny flat you must learn to consolidate your decision:
- Extra income: Generating extra income is possible by renting out the flat to someone who is willing to move in on certain price. It will give you a lot of relief in minimizing the stress of paying regular installments and bring quite viable source of income.
- Significant value addition: By having granny flat built, you will experience the significant increase in the value of your property. The cost of construction you invest in building granny flat will one day return with amazing value.
- No sporadic income: organized risk management: Build granny flat and you will rarely encounter a situation in which you have unoccupied space. With granny flat, your property will not remain vacant and there will be a higher chance of constant money flow coming in. This is beneficial when you have multiple investment properties.
- Teenagers and children will relish it: If you have a family, you are not going to regret building a special granny flat at the back of your home or wherever you find suitable. It will increase the elements of comfort, privacy and retreat for young ones who like to strum guitar and do their own thing in leisure with much individualistic freedom.
- Recommended plans for granny flat structure: If you are thinking to build granny flat, there are certain recommendations you can adopt in order to enlarge the space by discussing the plan with a granny flat designer.
- Having more windows means opening up the whole space to outside atmosphere so that you can enjoy the fresh air and refreshing breezes and pleasant vista coming in your view.
- Minimized number of walls will help create open space marrying living room and kitchen together, which is a contemporary design trend many modern individuals choose
- Depending on the amount of time you will spend in each area of your home, you can elaborate, decorate and add more space to your favorite area of the house.
These are some of the ideas you can integrate in your plan for building granny flat. There is still more you can do in order to enhance your living style with granny flat. Research and learn all you can to design a home of your dreams.