Top Blogin 3/25/2017
We all misplace keys and get locked out of our own home due to that. Keeping keys safe and not losing them is a headache for every person. That is where digital door locks come to your rescue. There are loads and loads of benefits of digital door locks. Let me enlist the best of those:
|Digital Door Lock|
- No keys to safeguard: As digital door locks do not need a key for unlocking, you are at ease as the keys won’t weigh your pockets down. You need not worry about keeping track of your house keys when leaving the house. If you get locked out of your house, there is no need for panic or for trying to reach a locksmith which would be the case for a traditional lock. You can enter the house by simply punching in the security code.
- Double extra safety: There is no slot for inserting key in digital door locks and so they can never be picked. As there are no keys, there is no risk of someone using the spare key hidden under the pot or in the post box to break in.
- Electronic keys can never be duplicated: Unless you give the key to your digital door lock to someone, nobody can duplicate it. Digital door locks can only be broken in by advanced tricks shown in movies. So, you do not have to worry about thieves trying to get in.
- Tamper time alert: You get notifications on your phone if someone enters incorrect security code thrice. That way you can be alerted immediately if someone is trying to break in.
- You never have to change the locks: Want to stop somebody unwanted from entering the house but that person has the access to the passcode? Well the best benefit that a digital door lock offers is that you never have to bother about changing the locks. All you need to do is change the passcode. Relieves you of all the fuss about getting new locks fixed and replacing the keys.
- Programming access by others: A big advantage of the digital door locks is that it is computer programmable. Digital door locks allow the code to be changed through a computer program remotely. The owners can easily change the code even when they are away from home. This provides a lot of flexibility in sharing the code with other people who may need temporary access and then changing the secure code when their requirement is over.
- Complete record of entries and access: In a digital door lock, every entry to your site is logged and can be reviewed in the future. This can be an invaluable tool when investigating vandalism or theft or any personal motives as well.
- Alarm release functions: It is possible to connect a digital door lock to the building’s alarm system. This can automatically free the lock of the door in case of emergencies so that the door can be opened without the code during adverse situations and speed up the escape. Digital door locks can also be connected to a release button to allow staff to ‘buzz’ in a visitor or a maid. This feature can be useful in a reception area of an office building as well.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Digital door locks come in a wide range of stylish colours that look smart and professional. This can help give the house a modernised look.
All these advantages are enough to inspire you to replace your mechanical locks with digital door locks. But you need to keep in mind some of its disadvantages as well. Someone getting access to the passcode unknowingly can be really risky and also it can be a real fix if you forget the passcode. But this little caution can help you achieve a high level security.