Top Blogin 4/05/2017
Air-conditioners are one of the common appliances used in most homes. This is since they are easily available in a wide range of designs, styles and capacities. To ensure you are opting for a cost-effective air-conditioners it is important to decide on a fixed budget. You have the window air conditioners, the portable ones, and the split air conditioners. Each of these have different features and benefits. To ensure that this works out cost-effective it is advisable to follow specific tips listed below:
- The Size of a Room: Ensure to measure the floor size of the room you require this air conditioner for. As these air conditioners are available with specific capacities, buying one after the measurements are considered makes this perfect for any that specific room. An air conditioner which is of heavy capacity for a small room will be a waste of energy and a small air conditioner for a large room will not suffice. This will not be able to provide the required cooling effect.
- Efficiency of Energy: To make purchase of an air conditioner cost-effective, check out the energy efficiency of the same. With the ever-rising rates of electricity this can be a savior. These energy efficient air conditioners use less of power but are efficient in serving your needs.
- Air Humidification: An appropriate dehumidification unit in an air conditioner is another essential to be taken into consideration. This unit tends to reduce the humidity in a specific room which increases the cooling, providing additional comfort. Efficiency of air conditioners also depends on the filter. Ensure this is of a good quality.
- Window air conditioners or Split air conditioners: Window air conditioners might not be pleasing visually but tend to be cheaper as compared to the split ac systems. Both have their own benefits, with the split AC’s providing the required cooling effect and the window ac systems being easier to install. The choice depends on the home owner.
- Choice between the Window AC’s, Split AC’s and the Portable AC systems: Having the required knowledge on the above mentioned three systems can help a home owner make the right choice, one which is most suitable with all the factors taken into consideration. What differentiates the three types of ACs are aesthetics, cost, energy efficiency.
- Portable Freestanding air conditioners: These air conditioners are apt if you intend investing only in one AC system but have two or more rooms. These can be moved from one room to another whenever required. These systems have a kit for window venting. There are specific models which tend to evaporate the moisture and you are saved from the labor of emptying it often. These tend to be less efficient as compared to the window as systems.
- Window Air Conditioner systems: These windows AC’s are a preferred choice for many homeowners as they can be doubled up as heaters. They are efficient in summers as well as winters. Besides which, the easy installation of this tends to save on the money factor. These are suitable for double hung and single hung windows as they are available with panels for a tight fit.
Built-in Air Conditioner Systems
These systems are built in the specific rooms and provide both warm and cold air. These tend to be a little bit more expensive as compared to the window systems. The only benefit you can think of is they do not take up any window space. Professionals are required for the installation of these systems.
Choose in accordance to your budget from a well-reputed manufacturer. Make a thorough study of your requirement before you invest in an air conditioning system. This is one investment which can be considered as ‘once in a life time’. It is wiser to take your time before choosing the right one.