Nowadays, people are always looking for various ways in which they can effectively change the look of their houses. They are enhancing by adding more garden accessories and spaces such as patios, deck, and several other aspects to make the house look glamorous and impressive. A well-decorated deck will make it a comfortable place to have some good moments with your friends and family. Composite deck has now become very popular because of the benefits it offers. It is the process of creating decks with environment-friendly composite materials such as wood, recycled plastic, fibers, and more. Nowadays, several homeowners replace their traditional decking methods with composite decking materials. This is because these materials are more weather resistant and durable.
Here are five advantages of why it is important to install a composite decks rather than using the traditional deck for your home.
- Durability and Maintenance: Every wood deck faces the problem of splinting, cracking molding, and fading. These are supposed to be painted and sealed in ordered to maintain its original beauty and appearance. Whereas in a composite deck there are no problems like these because the materials are easy to maintain, and they are durable. You can maintain the color and appearance for a long time. This will also help you save a lot of money and time that you spend on mending the decks. As they are not treated with wood preservatives, the composite is durable and environment-friendly. They are perfectly suited for all environmental collisions.
- Appearance: Composite decks are available in different patterns and colors. You can choose from wood grain patterns to simple and natural designs and change the complete overlook of your home. The color options you can avail range from earthy tones to tropically inspired vibrant colors. These colors can give you a distinct and exotic look to your composite decks. In addition to this, homeowners can enhance their composite deck with a wide selection of composite accessories such as stairs, gates, railings, furniture, and pergolas. This will surely enhance your composite deck, giving you a fabulous and comfortable outdoor space.
- Sustainability: You can get a feel and look of wood with a composite deck. This will not only give you the benefits but also give you the happiness that they do not create any environmental impacts. The deck boards are basically created using recycled materials, wood scraps and recycled plastics that are obtained from shopping bags, newspapers, etc.
- Ease of Installation: Unlike the regular wood decks, composite decks are splinter-free and slip-resistant. With the usage of lots of screws and nails, it causes wood boards to weaken and crack on the longer run. In composite decking, hidden fasteners are used that will not only secure the planks but also give you a hundred percentage clean look. This will ensure that you can walk on the deck barefoot. While installing a composite deck, you have to ensure that there are good airflow and space between the adjoining planks.
- Cleaning Composite Decks: Composite decks are made up of a mixture of fiber and scrap wood. Therefore, it requires only occasional cleaning. Unlike wooden decks, you need not do any treatments or re-staining, a pressure wash and an annual scrub with soft brush and detergent are more than enough. The same method of cleaning can be followed for its accessories also.
Before choosing a composite deck, it is always important that you go for the ones that suit your lifestyle. If you have pets, it is always better to choose scratch resistant decks. If your decks are exposed to sunlight for a long time, it is always important that you choose decks with higher UV protection. Choosing wisely will help you save money and also obtain the deck that is suitable for your lifestyle.
January 6, 2020