Can the roof of your house support the solar system installation? If yes then you have to know certain facts that will help you in installing this system. It is a fact that if your roof is shaded, then it will not be favorable for a solar window. This is the assessment that you need to do before the installation. On the other hand, if you have a good roof, then you have to find if it is in good shape structurally. The amount of solar energy that you need to produce will depend upon how you use. Hence you have to start with an energy audit and later look for upgrades in efficiency before you draw the blueprints. The solar system installation is part of home improvement project. So, you have to hire an installer who will have the appropriate knowledge of installation and that too in an accurate manner.
What should you know?
Nowadays there are many people who are interested in solar system installation. This technology has been an incredible advancement which has also helped to lower the cost. It is basically a wonderful idea that will generate electricity to your home and business as well as the grid. It will also increase the impact on the environment. You have to first decide if this system is the right option for you or not. Some things to consider before the solar system installation are as follows:
- The homeowner must first find out the age of the roof. If any part of the roof is damaged, then this is not the right time to get the solar system installed. You have to then first spend on the repairs of the roof and then think of installation.
- The shape and size of the roof matter. Your roof must have enough space for the panels. If there is not enough space, then your solar system installation will not worth the investment
- The solar system installation is done with some specific placement so that it can generate power. The placement of the panels can either be facing west or south.
- The installation of solar panels increases the weight on the structure. Then it becomes a huge pressure for the roof to handle. This situation is not only dangerous but also costly. You should therefore take the help of a professional to evaluate the situation. They can decide if there is a need of any extra support for installation.
- During rains, the water runs down the roof into the gutters and then away from the home. The solar panels can be a hindrance to the flow of water to the drainage system. Sometimes the water is directed in another place which may create leaks and many other problems. Therefore, they have to be repaired and the solar panels removed.
What are the advantages?
- The solar system installation has proved to be highly beneficial for any homeowners. It lowers the energy bills and also helps to reduce the carbon print.
- The solar power is not a costly affair. You can buy electricity from solar panels and not from the electric company.
- The solar system installation is an excellent way to save money. The options to save money depend upon your choice. The savings may be when the system is on or may be others give returns over time. If you have decided to take loan or qualify for a lease, then your electricity bills get reduced. On the other hand, if you decide to make a pre-paid purchase agreement or you need to purchase it outright. You may have an initial expense, but you will save money in the long run.
The system produces different results depending on various factors like size of the roof, temperature, latitude, degradation of panels etc. It is important to find proper solutions that will guarantee the production of the solar panels.
June 20, 2021