If you are looking to add a touch of class to your home or office, but are not sure how then this article will help you with it. Whether it is a residential or a commercial space, floors are something that you will pay attention to no matter what. You walk on the floor, may like to sit and work on it and the condition of the floors show how clean the place is. Laminate flooring is a great option and is being adopted by many people around the world. These are synthetic flooring which gives the look of wood and it can be fixed over an already existing floor. The floor is easy to install and clean and can bear a high traffic and is safe with pets and children as well.
Why choose laminate flooring?
It gives your house a vintage and classy look with the feel of wooden flooring with a shine to it as well. These floors are easy to install and can be installed either on your own or with the help of professionals. These floors are very economical and there is a wide variety for you to choose from. From the look, color to the texture, you can personalize it all. Maintaining this flooring is not very cumbersome and with regular care and caution, these floors can make to last for a really long time. If you are looking for laminate flooring to give you the look of stone or tile, then you can choose from many designs available online.
Dos and don’ts for laminate flooring:
- Though the laminate flooring is easy to maintain, still there are some things that you will need to take care of while handling them in order to increase its life.
- If you have kids and pets at home, you need to take care that they do not leave food items, drop water or scratch the floor with a pointed object. dropped
- Ideally, a dry broom is good enough to clean this flooring as the laminate stays clean of its own as well. Alternatively, if the flooring is subjected to high traffic then a wet cloth can be used to mop over it with a mild cleaning agent.
- Water and moisture in moderation if and wiped away will not affect the floor drastically but if water remains on the floor for a long time, then it may cause the floor to swell and crack.
- If you are installing this flooring in a place that has furniture like dining chairs and other places where it will be moved and there are chances of scratching the floor, it will be better to use adhesive felt pads to prevent any damage to the floor.
- Over a period of time, if you feel that there are gaps developing in the floor, you can gently tap them back with the right tools or dust and dirt will start to settle in them.
- Do not try to compromise by buying inferior quality laminates because you may save the cost initially but in the long run you will end up shelling out more on replacing and fixing the damage caused to them.
The biggest advantage of the laminate flooring is the versatility that these tiles provide you with. You can choose the look of wood, stone or tile and the options are many. You can check out the different patterns and designs on the internet for some great ideas that are created by professionals. Many companies offer you great deals on floors and competitive rates as well. If you are thinking of trying out these floors, then wait no further and go ahead today!
October 25, 2016