Ages ago, mowing a lawn with manual lawn mower was a tedious task. It involved a lot of physical energy. With innovation touch us in all parts of our lives; the manual mower was replaced with ride on mower, walk behind mower and even robotic mowers.
Now, we have technology but no time, And to address this problem, Lawn mower services came into being. These address the problem of you wanting to have a great lawn and you having no time to mow the lawn. They are affordable and people are comfortable calling them up for help to keep their lawn tidy and looking great.
When you are calling a lawn mower services, you must ensure you are working with the reliable one. There are certain things that you may want to be aware of before you sign a contract or hire these services.
Do look for few things about lawn mowing service providers:
The more frequently you hire their service, the worse it gets for your lawn.
As they keep lawn grass length on the short side. This is not good for many reasons: Let us see what this means:
- The Lawn services are inclined to mow too frequently, which is bad.
- It lets sun reach weeds and helps weed grow;
- Your entire lawn may dry up;
- In the end you may not have any lush lawn to be proud of.
- The grass grows unevenly;
- It makes the lawn grow faster,
- Increasing the call to the lawn mower service and more expenditure.
Get your facts clear before hiring lawn mowing services:
Soil tests are important as it can help homeowners and their lawns extremely well. Here everything is done from determining whether the land is alkaline or acidic. They also figure out what nutrients are lacking in the soil. Horticulturalists claim homeowners should get their soil tested every three to five years. Waiting for a problem to appear before testing, is a mistake because you may lose out on you precious lush lawn.
Lawns don’t need chemicals. But if you see a need or your lawn tech mentions, then you may provide a feeding in the fall. If you don’t see an improvement soon enough, a lighter one in the spring is also recommended. If you live in hotter regions, get two same sized feeding in summer.
- Compost is not a mandatory for lawn. They grow well without compost. Compost can be made mix of leaves and coffee ground. Remember those leaves you paid the lawn mower services to mow off your lawn? Yes – the next time you can probably store it to use it as compost.
Two important points to consider:
- Budget: The cost of mowing varies from region to region say from ~30$ to 50$ average per yard. You will find businesses that take your mowing request online. They offer you packages for recurring mowing. They ensure you will get licensed and insured contractors which are very essential when you hire a third party to work in your premises.
- Search for new vendor: Perhaps you moved in to new locality or you recently bought a property and you have a lawn which needs mowing but you don’t know who to approach. You can look up local search on the internet but if you are not sure about that, take a walk in your community. If you see a lawn that is neatly done, you may want to befriend the owner and tell about your mowing need. We are sure they will be glad to share contacts.
November 29, 2016