Automatic garage doors have become common amongst the home owners when they think of doors for their garage. People opt for the automatic doors for their garage because these are convenient and safe to use. These automatic doors can be easily operated from your vehicle with the help of the garage door opener. With just a click of button you can open and shut the doors of your garage. The garage that has automatic doors will keep your vehicle safe and secure.
Testing the Garage Door Opener for your Safety
The garage door opener plays an important role in your garage doors. If the opener does not work properly, then accidents can take place. You or your family might get hurt from the door while operating it when your opener is not working. If you want to prevent garage door injuries then you should perform some tests to know if there is any problem. It takes few minutes for performing these tests. So take it and protect yourself and your family from these disasters.
- The setting known as the close force sensitivity controls the opener and stops when there is any object comes on its way. You should always do a close check so that the problem is prevented. Place the board in the centre of door to test if the setting is working properly. You will notice marks on the board if the setting is proper when you switch on the opener for closing the door.
- Next is performing the hand test which you can do by standing in front of the door and switch on the opener to close the door. When the door starts closing it needs to be stopped from getting closed. This way you will understand the pressure that is required for stopping the door.
- The reversing sensors are the other important thing that needs to be tested on a regular basis for your safety. You should place an object in front of the sensors and trigger the door of the garage. If the door stops then the sensors are fine else you need to do some adjustments in the sensor. You should do the test properly to be sure that the sensors are in place and will not give any trouble while operating the door.
Regular Door Checkup of your Garage is Essential
To make the Garage Doors work properly you need do a regular checkup for the doors.
- The doors of the garage work on the springs for opening and closing the doors. These springs are thick and bigger in size and these springs should be checked regularly. You should check if the door is making any kind of noise while opening and closing. Proper lubrication is required if you notice any kind of noise.
- There are cables present on both the doors of the garage which are connected with the brackets. When you are closing or opening the door pressure is borne by these brackets. For the safety one should always keep checking these brackets if these are attached properly to the door or not.
- You should also check the cables of the door if the cables are not worn out and connected properly.
When you are thinking of buying the garage doors for your new home you can check for the best one as there are so many types available. You can check the manufacturers online for buying the right type of doors at the best price. The doors are categorized by different materials, price and design so choose according to your need.
June 14, 2017