If your house roof is getting dirty, infected by pests or you are facing leakage due to rain, well, it’s time for you to get the roof restoration done. Restoration not only makes your roof safe or waterproof but also makes it aesthetic to look. The process is getting popular day by day because it is cheaper to restore the roof than to replace it.
All the roofing systems demand time to time inspection for any damages so as to cure damages at smaller levels otherwise they may grow big and will consume time and money to get removed. Roof restoration is basically a process of repairing the roof. This process involves cleaning and repairing of roofs and re-coating.
Why do you Need a Roof Restoration?
- For protection against extreme weather: Roofs provide shelter against extreme weather conditions. They keep you safe from storm and cyclones. These conditions cause successive damages to the roof and the damaged roofs cause a problem in maintaining the temperature inside the house.
- Optimal safety: Having a damaged roof is more dangerous than having no roof. A little damage leads to another damage and it will go on and on, sometimes it may become even more dangerous too if the roof is not inspected from time to time.
- Reduced water damage: Leakage is a common problem in the places where heavy rainfalls take place. To prevent blockage of drains and pipes, the roof is to be investigated from time to time.
- Protection from birds and animals: Birds make their nest in the damaged parts of the buildings. They will breed and make your house a mess. So, it is necessary to call for restoration before the problem increases.
- Improved aesthetics: Obviously, no one likes their home to look uglier than others in his or her society. Thus, to give proper look to your house your roof needs to be restored from time to time.
Process of Roof Restoration
- Roof assessment: First, the roof is carefully investigated for damage point(s). Damages are usually in the form of cracks or broken asphalt. Leakages are also taken into consideration while checking.
- Roof cleaning: after the assessment, the roof is washed out with a high-pressure hose. It is good for checking leakages, as water is run over the roof. The points at which leakage is observed is marked. It is an important step because the roof needs to be cleaned before coating.
- Roof repair: This is the most important step in roof restoration process. Broken or damaged sections are replaced with a new matching material. This process requires professional workers.
- Chemical treatment: After making the repairs, the roof is coated with a waterproofing solution to prevent leakage in the coming time.
- Final assessment: after completing the process, it is advised to investigate the roof again for any missed leakage points or cracks.
Types of Restoration Work
- Terracotta tiles restoration: Terracotta glazing is then all over the roof surface in dual coats. This type of roof does not require restoration for the next 20 years.
- Concrete tile restoration: In this process, first, the roof is cleaned thoroughly. Ridge caps are removed and then re-bedding is done. A flexible type of pointing mortar is used for placing ridge caps. A primer coat Is applied afterward. After applying the primer coat, two layers of the acrylic coat of chosen color is coated.
- Galvanized iron restoration: Just like terracotta and concrete, galvanized iron is also popularly used by many contractors in the process of roof restoration. First, the rusted parts are removed. But if the roof has damaged sheets that cannot be repaired, they are replaced by the new ones.
August 28, 2018