Buying a quality mattress can go a long way in ensuring that you enjoy the best and health sleep all night long. Buying a mattress that is suitable for your needs and budget can be tricky, especially with the variety of mattresses available in the market today. Considering that we all have different taste and the fact that sleeping styles differ with individuals, there is no one-fit-all definition of the right mattress. However, it is important to take your time and research to find a quality product by comparing the various types, sizes and prices. This guide will take you through the various things you need to look for when shopping for a mattress online.
|Shop for the Best Mattress|
What are the main types of mattresses?
Mattresses are categorized based on the type of material used to make it. Generally, there are three types of mattresses in the market today:
- Coil Mattress – This is the most common type also known as the innerspring mattress. They are made of steel which is configured into numerous springs. Different variations may have layers of pillow-top, infused gel or cushioning. The variations include:
- Open spring (continuous coil) mattress – Made from a single continuous steel wire coiled into springs.
- Pocket spring (open-coil) Mattress – Made of single springs joined together by one wire. This means that each spring moves independently making it more luxurious and supportive.
The advantage of the coil mattresses is that they are usually lighter and cheaper than the other types costing approximately between $400 and $ 10,000 depending on the size and variation. However, they tend to wear out faster and may not the best if you are sharing as tossing and turning may disturb your sleeping partner.
- Memory Foam Mattress – This type is made from a visco-elastic and temperature-sensitive mouldable material, memory foam, which has hypo-allergenic properties. They respond to temperature and weight, moulding to the shape of your body to relieve pressure on your joints. It can be an ideal choice for people who suffer from back issues. The common limitation of this category is that they can warm easily due to lack of sufficient air circulation and are heavy to lift.
- Latex Foam Mattress – Made from natural and synthetic latex, a breathable material which prevents over-heating. They are durable and are suitable for people with asthma or other allergic complications. Unfortunately, if you like more cushioned and softer sleep, this may not be the best selection as they have a solid feel.
- Hybrid Mattress – They are made from a combination of both memory foam and coil.
- Adjustable Air Mattress – Comes as a pouch that is inflated with air using an electric pump allowing you to choose a suitable firmness for you.
It is all about your comfort
Having a healthy night is the best gift you can give to your brain and muscles, especially after a long working day. When choosing a mattress, you need to consider one that gives you maximum comfort all night long for several years. Though comfort depends on the user of the mattress, there are several performance factors that you should consider to land on the best deal depending on your taste and preference.
- Firmness – Different mattresses are made for different sleeping position so you need to choose the right one base on how you like sleeping.
- Firm – Suitable for people who sleep on their stomach or have back problems as it aligns the spine keeping the back in a stable and comfortable position and prevents the sleeper from sinking in it.
- Medium – Ideal for people who like it sleeping on their back as it provides sufficient support for the neck, back and spine.
- Soft – If you are a side sleeper, this is the choice for you as well as for those who keep changing positions at night. It supports you by moulding to your body shape.
- Size – In most cases mattresses come in 6 standard sizes including:
- Single (92 X 137cm)
- Single Extra long (92 x 203cm)
- King single (106 x 203cm)
- Double (137 x 187cm)
- Queen (153 x 203cm)
- King (183 x 203cm)
It is important to note that some manufacturers may use different codes to indicate the size.
Why buy online?
There are many reasons why mattressgenius.com recommends buying a mattress online. First of all, online shopping allows you to compare thousands of products from manufacturers within just a few minutes. All you need is just internet connection. This option is limited for brick and mortar buyers as a show room can only stock a few of these varieties. Other reasons why you need to shop online are:
- Lower prices – Online stores sells their mattress at a lower price since they don’t incur high inventory costs or have to hire a sales representative. Additionally, you can look for stores offering the best discount or use promotion codes and coupons to save more.
- Convenience – You can order and receive your mattress without affecting your daily schedule.
- Product reviews – You can check what previous buyers say about a particular type of mattress as well as view online video review from the manufacturers to make the right decision.
October 18, 2018