Kit homes have become very popular in the recent years because of their stylist design, affordability and energy efficiency level. Most importantly, homeowners can easily participate in their kit homes construction process and these will give them utmost satisfactions. However, before building a kit home, you need to consider several factors like size of the kit home, your favorite room designs, and the location of your kit home. Kit homes are designed on in the warehouses, and all materials are delivered by truck on the construction site. Then technicians assemble these parts and they cut and trim some essential parts of the home to fin on the construction site properly.
What are the benefits of Kit Homes?
- Affordable: Kit homes are affordable than conventional homes and your expenses will depend on your demands. Moreover, the cost of the kit homes is almost one third of a conventional home. You do not need to pay any labor cost, land, and utility cost for these kit homes because the manufacturer will include all of these cost in the kit price. Apart from that, if you learn about the owner builder courses then you can save more because you can do the maximum work by yourself. However, if you do not have any such training then hire some home builders and they will assemble your kit homes within a few days only.
- Eco-friendly: Kit homes are eco-friendly because the whole construction process is done in the warehouse or offsite. Kit home builders mainly use eco-friendly materials for their construction like, timber, glass, and steel. These manufacturers also install thermal efficiency and insulation properties in your kit homes and they can install the solar panels as per your requirement. Apart from that, you can also install some water recycling systems like low-pressure water shower, duel flush toilets, and rainwater harvesting system in your kit homes.
- Time saving: Kit homes are mainly designed offsite and the technicians assemble the homes on your land only. The total assembling process takes eight to nine months. A small group of carpenters installs the doors, windows, and roof at the first stage, and then the builders assemble the interior of the home. It can save your whole construction time and you can easily build a new home within a few months. Apart from that, you can easily customize your kit homes as per your needs and you can design your rooms according to your choice.
Things to know before building a kit home:
You need to discuss with the kit home builders about the construction process and the floor layout of the home. Most of these builders provide you an estimate for your kit homes, which exclude necessary cost like, plumbing materials, electrical, cabinetry, and flooring materials. Therefore, you need to spend more at the end and hire some local contractors to finish the home construction.
- Your home is your asset and your next generation will live in your home. So, do not compromise with the building materials quality and choose the highest quality building materials for your kit homes.
- You can customize your home according to your needs. Customization may cost you higher and if you do not have sufficient budget then first do the layout of the home and build the structure of the home. Then afterward, you can complete other parts of your home according to your budget.
- Always hire licensed and experienced kit homebuilders. Check their online reviews, customer feedback, and insurance papers before hiring.
Thus, these are the essential things to know about the kit homes before building it. You should know about these aspects of kit homes.
August 17, 2017
Leave a comment