Even the simplest of bathroom renovations can get people thinking. When one talks about budget remodeling projects, it does not imply that one compromises on the quality. It simply means that you set a fixed budget and work on the design, material, fixtures etc within the price. However, it is not as easy as it sounds to be. You will have to be extremely thorough with your planning and stick to your budget. There will be times when you have to let loose and when you have to cut back. In order to make the process slightly easier, here are some handy tips that you will need.
1. Work on the Space
You need to take a close look at the space and see what kind of changes you are looking for in the bathroom renovations. Whether you want to de-clutter it or you need to install more units and cabinets? Based on the analysis, you can proceed with your further planning. Make a detailed list of things that you need to throw away and things that you can reuse. Check for repairs, damages, and servicing of the fixtures. All such things will help you have a detailed plan. Sometimes a few changes are helpful in the bathroom renovations. This way you can save on undertaking huge changes and yet have a marvelous looking and functional bathroom for your home.
2. Set a Budget
There is a skill when you are setting a budget for your bathroom renovations. One needs to be determined with the budget, but there has to be some flexibility as well. So, the first thing you need to decide is whether you will be buying some fixtures and installing them or it is going to be a full makeover. Accordingly, you have to set aside an amount as per the current market rates. If you are hiring a contractor he will suggest you with the approximate costs. If not then you will have to get free online quotes from contractors and work around that. Always keep ¼th amount extra of the total amount. So, if your budget is $100 you need to have $125 with you. That extra amount is to be used in times of utmost emergency during the renovations.
3. Blueprint Plan
- What is the color that you would want?
- Tiles, units, shelves, fixtures, placement of everything etc. has to be decided. You will need exact measurements of the space and work on the arrangement to utilize the space well.
- Try to keep things simple so that you have room for movement and maintenance becomes easier as well. Do not forget to add lighting and sockets in your planning.
- Get some ideas for bathroom renovations online to have a fresh look. If you think that the project is going out of hand, you should hire a professional. It will ensure that every minute thing is to take care of while planning.
- When you plan well, it will ensure that the execution will be good as well. Hire good contractors to work on the project, employ the right people for installation and painting to make sure that the work wraps on time. It might take few weeks to plan everything. Ideally, this is the way of working.
- Do not rush through things and going thoroughly through every detail will help you take care of the project properly.
Most importantly, it helps you to follow your budget and stick to it at all times. There is no need to shy away from taking a professional help. It is possible that you might not be adept in designing and would need an expert to work on it. So, go ahead!
January 21, 2021